A postdoctoral position is available in the research group of Dr. Jan Bartoš at Centre of Plant Structural and Functional Genomics (lead by prof. Jaroslav Doležel), Institute of Experimental Botany, Olomouc, Czech Republic. The group is studying the structure of the plant genomes at sequence level using NGS, molecular and cytogenetic approaches and bioinformatic tools.
The positon is opened for project “Plants as a tool for sustainable global development”; key activity - Nuclear architecture in plants and its impact on phenotype. The project aims to clarify how the genetic information in the cell nucleus of plants is arranged and determine what conditions influence this arrangement and stipulate their role in regulating gene expression. These include characterization of nuclear transcriptome and proteome, and their interaction and changes in response to stress caused by environmental factors. Interaction of chromatin fibers will be identified by methods based on new generation sequencing (specifically Hi-C method). The main experimental objects are barley, interspecific hybrids xFestulolium and to some extent model plant Arabidopsis thaliana. Successful applicant will be responsible for sequence data analysis including RNA-Seq, CHIP-Seq and Hi-C.
Position term and conditions
- Position is opened for one year with possibility of prolongation for additional two years.
- Salary 40 000 CZK before tax (equivalent of ≈ 1 500 EUR) with yearly bonus according to performance.
Profile and required skills
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or related areas;
- Strong theoretical background in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Genetics;
- Experience in basic language programming such as R, perl, python;
- Experience in biostatistics and big data management;
- Experience in English scientific writing.
Application, documents and dates
Applications will be accepted exclusively by email, with documentation attached in PDF format and sent to Dr. Jan Bartos via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 31, 2019.
The documents required for application are
- Curriculum vitae including list of publications;
- Letter of presentation indicating reasons for applying for the position, with a brief report of experience in the area;
- Contact details of two referees.
The project is implemented with Palacký University in Olomouc in the frame of join research unit (Centre of Region Haná for Biotechnological and Agricultural Research) founded in 2013 and funded by Operational Programme research, Development and Education (Call for Excellent Research).